- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
For the frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To prepare the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven with a rack in the middle position to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, mash the avocado pulp.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the sugar and eggs on high speed until fluffy, about 7 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium. Drizzle in the oil and allow to combine. Add the mashed avocado.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Working in batches, alternatively beat in dry ingredients then milk. Start and end with the dry ingredients.
- Divide the cupcake batter evenly between the cups. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
To prepare the frosting:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until well combined, then frost the cupcakes.