if you want to beat the enemy, you've got to eat the enemy
Buffalo Oven-Fried Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 24 balls
- 10 oz goat cheese log
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumble
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Fresh greens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash blue cheese and goat cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Roll the cheese mixture into 24 balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly beat eggs in a second small bowl.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Dip each cheese ball in the egg wash. Roll to coat.
- Drop each ball into the breadcrumbs. Roll to coat.
- Place breaded balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- While the balls are baking, make buffalo sauce by whisking butter, hot sauce, and seasoned salt in a medium bowl.
- After the balls are crisp, let them set for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to dip each ball in the buffalo sauce covering completely.
- Drain excess sauce and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake the coated balls for 5 minutes.
- Let the finished balls sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve with greens and a side of extra sauce for dipping.
Reference: Half Baked Harvest