- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Cheddar cheese, shredded, for serving
- Chopped green onion, for serving
- Additional salsa, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions.
- Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet. Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold the opposing sides of each tortilla, and flip them seam-side down.
- Brush the chimichangas with the melted butter. Bake the chimichangas until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese, onion, and salsa.