For the cake base:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
For the filling:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
To prepare the cake base:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and confectioners sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture into a greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Bake until the edges are light brown, about 20 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the milk and lemon juice, then pour over crust.
To prepare the filling:
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in the cranberry sauce until well combined.
- Spoon the sugar-cranberry mixture evenly over the cream cheese layer.
To prepare the topping:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter. Fold in the walnuts.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the cranberry filling.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and allow to cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.