Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
- 8 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces salmon roe
- In a large pot, place the eggs in a single layer.
- Fill the pot with cold water enough to cover the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn off heat, cover, and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs, and refill pot with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Peel eggs.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Position the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Remove each half yolk from the egg halves, and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Arrange each egg white on a platter with cut sides up.
- Sprinkle egg whites with salt.
- In the mixing bowl with egg yolks, add sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt and pepper.
- Beat yolk mixture on medium speed until fluffy.
- Using a small spoon, fill each egg white with the egg yolk mixture.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap being careful not to flatten the filling.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When serving, garnish each devilled egg with a small scoop of salmon roe and chopped chives.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Inspired by a dish at Moxie.