Deviled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
- 8 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- In a large pot, place the eggs in a single layer. Fill the pot with cold water enough to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn off heat, cover, and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Drain eggs, and refill pot with cold water and ice. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Peel the eggs. Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Position the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Remove each half yolk from the egg halves, and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Arrange each egg white on a platter with cut sides up. Sprinkle egg whites with salt.
- In the mixing bowl with egg yolks, add sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt and pepper. Beat yolk mixture on medium speed until fluffy.
- Using a small spoon, fill each egg white with the egg yolk mixture.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap being careful not to flatten the filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When serving, garnish each deviled egg with a small slice of salmon roe and chopped chives.
Inspired by a dish at Moxie.