Hot Fudge Sundae
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the fudge sauce:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the sundae:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Chopped toasted nuts, such as almonds, peanuts or pecans
- Cherries, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream, sugar, honey, cocoa and salt to a simmer. Whisk in the sugar until it dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate, and cook until the chocolate melts. Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of fudge sauce into a sundae dish. Top with ice cream, hot fudge and nuts. Cover with whipped cream, and top with a cherry.