- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main
- 4 sub rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Cholula)
- 1/2 cup Kraft American cheese, melted
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Pile 1/4-pound of ground beef onto the bottom half of a sub roll. Add chopped onion. Top with sour cream, pepper sauce and cheese.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise on the top half of the bun, and place on top of the sandwich.
- Place a colander over the boiling water. Carefully place the assembled sandwich into the colander. Steam the sandwich until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Inspired by the sandwich made famous at Lubi’s.