Schuylkill, 1732. The tribulations of domestic life were demanding, even in these simpler times. In search of respite, a group of Quakers banded together to form a gentleman’s club on a riverbank just outside modern day Philadelphia.
They fished. They imbibed. They shared stories. Mostly they imbibed.
George Washington raised a glass and nodded his approval.
Citrusy, refreshing, and surprisingly sophisticated.
Philadelphia Fish House Punch
- 3/4 oz dark rum
- 3/4 oz Cognac
- 3/4 oz peach brandy
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 lime slice for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
- Step 1 Add ice to cocktail shaker
- Step 2 Add all ingredients
- Step 3 Shake until combined
- Step 4 Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice
- Step 5 Garnish with lime slice and cherry