- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, paprika, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Toss the meat cubes in the flour mixture.
- Add the vegetable oil to a Dutch oven. Heat the oil to medium heat. Brown the seasoned beef cubes. Add onions, stewed tomatoes, beef broth, bay leaf and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for an additional 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add corn and stir to combine.