- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 min + 10 min cooling time
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, milk, butter, vanilla and pecans. Cook the syrup over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil the syrup while stirring constantly until the syrup registers 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat while continuing to stir until the syrup eventually thickens and becomes grainy.
- Drop spoonfuls of the praline syrup onto the parchment paper. Allow the pralines to set, at least 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.