- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin and rings separated
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces eye of round or sirloin tip steak, very thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch strips
- Salt and coarsely-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cheese Whiz
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Dill pickle spears
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add vegetable oil and heat until shimmering. Lower heat to medium. Add onions and mushrooms. Stir and cook until mushrooms are transparent. Add steak slices, and cook until meat is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a double boiler, melt Cheez Whiz.
- Scoop meat mixture onto the bottom half of a roll. Ladle Cheez Whiz onto the steak.
- Serve with a dill pickle spear.