- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 8 ounces mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Combine the onion, carrots, celery, chicken, wild rice, mushrooms and thyme in the slow cooker. Add the chicken stock. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Add the milk, and cook for 1 additional hour.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour, and stir constantly, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup water, and stir to combine. Add the butter-flour mixture to the soup. Salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine well. Cover and allow soup to finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- Garnish serving bowls of soup with parsley.