Smoked Salmon Crostini
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min + chilling time
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
For the smoked salmon spread:
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, for garnish
For the crostini:
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade attachment, combine 4 ounces of the smoked salmon, the olive oil mayonnaise, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, capers, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, white wine and pepper. Pulse 5-6 times to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Using a flexible rubber spatula, fold in the remaining 2 ounces of smoked salmon. Transfer to the refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
- Set oven to broil. Drizzle baguette slices with the olive oil. Arrange the slices onto a baking sheet. Place under the broiler, and toast until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Spread a generous layer of salmon dip onto each crostini. Garnish with parsley.