- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Main
For the ham:
- 1 (9-pound) bone-in spiral ham
- 3/4 cup water
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
To prepare the ham:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Prepare a roasting pan by adding 3/4 cup water to the bottom of the pan. Place ham in a roasting rack inside the pan. Cover the pan with silver foil. Bake until heated through, about 1 hour 40 minutes.
To prepare the glaze:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the syrup, sugar, mustard, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
To finish the ham:
- Remove foil from the pan. Brush glaze over the ham. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the ham, uncovered, until the glaze has caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the ham from the oven to a cutting board. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve warm.