- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
For the ceviche dressing:
- 1/4 cup California strawberries, chopped and stemmed
- 1/4 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, chopped and seeded
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the ceviche:
- 3/4 pound cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups California strawberries, quartered and stemmed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
To prepare the ceviche dressing:
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, puree the strawberries, tomato, olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, peppers, sugar, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
To prepare the ceviche:
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp, cucumber, onion and peppers with the ceviche dressing.
- Refrigerate the ceviche, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Prior to serving, carefully mix in the strawberries and cilantro.