For the Greek potato salad:
- 6 large yellow potato, boiled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing
- Salt, to taste
For the salad:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed then shredded
- 3 cups Greek potato salad
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into 8 fingers
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 8 strips
- 4 beets, sliced
- 4 shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 12 black olives
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, whole
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
To prepare the potato salad:
- Quarter the potatoes, and place them in a large pot. Cover with cold water and salt, to taste. Bring to a boil. Boil until fork tender, about 13-15 minutes.
- Stir in the onions, parsley and Greek dressing. Salt, to taste.
To prepare the salad:
- Cover a large serving platter with lettuce leaves. Mound the potato salad in the center. Cover with the remaining shredded lettuce.
- Place tomato and avocado wedges around the edge of the platter along with the cucumber fingers. Cover with crumbled Feta and green pepper slices.
- Place sliced beets on top, and place a shrimp on top of each beet. Place an anchovy on top of each shrimp.
- Arrange the olives, peppers and green onions.
- Sprinkle the vinegar and oil over the salad. Sprinkle the salad with the oregano.
The potato salad can be made the day before and refrigerated until ready to serve.