- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 2 1/2 pound beef tri-tip roast
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, rosemary and cayenne pepper.
- In a 9×13-inch glass baking dish, place the beef in the center. Coat the beef with the spice mixture. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate, at least 4 hours.
- In a large sealable plastic bag, add the vinegar, vegetable oil, crushed garlic and Dijon mustard. Shake to combine.
- Transfer the beef from the refrigerator, uncover, and allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare an outdoor grill over high heat. Place the meat on the grill. Brush with the garlic-vinegar mixture.
- Cook the meat for about 4 minutes, then flip and baste. Repeat this process until the beef reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees F, about 30 minutes.