- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 12 4-inch wood skewers
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Flour, for coating skewers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Set a wire rack in the bottom of a roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of water into the baking dish.
- Pierce 4 to 5 cubes of pork onto each skewer. Sprinkle each prepared skewer with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl or pie tin.
- Whisk eggs and 1/2 cup water in another bowl or tin.
- Add breadcrumbs to a third bowl or tin.
- Dip and roll seasoned skewers, one at a time, in the flour, then the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumbs.
- Carefully lay 2-3 skewers in the hot oil, browning the seasoned pork on all sides.
- Continue working in batches until all skewers have been browned.
- Arrange the prepared skewers on the wire rack inside the baking dish. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil. Bake the skewers until the pork is tender, approximately 45 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.