For the coleslaw mixture:
- 4 ounces poppyseed dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sandwich:
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
To prepare the coleslaw mixture:
- Combine the poppyseed dressing, garlic, ground cumin, paprika, chili powder and celery seed in a small bowl.
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Cover with the dressing mix, and toss to coat.
To assemble the sandwich:
- Add 2 cups of the coleslaw to a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour mixture over coleslaw, and toss to coat.
- Place rye bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil bread slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly toasted.
- Layer each bread slice with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.