- 4 cups peaches, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, 1 cup of the sugar and water, mixing well. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add butter to a 3-quart baking dish. Place in oven until butter has melted.
- Mix remaining 1 cup of sugar, flour and milk. Pour mixture over melted butter. Spoon fruit on top. Carefully pour in syrup so it evenly covers the fruit topping. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until batter has risen.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.