For the grits:
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper and Tabasco, to taste
For the pork chops:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 (1/2-inch) bone-in pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To prepare the grits:
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil. Stir in grits.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook grits, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. When grits reach desired consistency, add butter and cheese. Stir until the butter and cheese have melted.
- Add pepper and Tabasco, to taste.
To prepare the pork chops:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, vinegar, cumin and pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the marinade. Place the bag in a rimmed cookie sheet. Transfer to the refrigerator, and allow to marinade 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium heat. Cook the chops until the first side is cooked, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook the second side, about 3 minutes.
- Check to ensure that the pork chops have reached a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F.