For the rub:
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the sandwich:
- 3 pound eye round cut of beef
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into rings
- 8 kaiser rolls
- Combine seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and pepper in a small bowl and combine.
- Rub the beef with the spice mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow the beef to return to room temperature, approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat one side of a grill to medium-high, 450 degrees.
- Cook the meat 2 to 3 minutes per side until crusted.
- Transfer the meat to the indirect heat side of the grill and close the lid.
- Cook the meat for 30 to 45 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 130 degrees (for medium rare).
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat against the grain as thinly as possible.
- Pile meat onto a roll and top with horseradish and onion rings.