- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil, for frying
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and hot sauce.
- In a shallow bowl, add cornstarch for coating. Press shrimp into the cornstarch and roll until well-coated. Shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- Work in batches to cook the shrimp until the coating has lightly browned and the shrimp are fully cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked shrimp to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- In a medium bowl, add the cooked shrimp. Pour the chili sauce over the shrimp, and gently toss to coat.
- Line a serving platter with the lettuce leaves. Spread the shrimp over the leaves, and garnish with green onion.