- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs with skin and bones
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof pot over high heat, heat the oil until shimmering.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, cook the chicken until well browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl.
- Add the potatoes to the pot, and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the wine, and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the chicken broth, oregano and thyme.
- Carefully return the chicken to the pot, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot, and transfer to the preheated oven. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Arrange the potatoes on the platter.
- Return the pot to the stovetop over high heat. Add the artichoke hearts to the pot, cover, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until artichokes are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the artichokes and sauce over the chicken and potatoes.