- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the beef cubes, and cook until well-browned. Drain excess fat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the onion, pepper and cumin. Stir occasionally, and cook until the vegetables are tender. Add flour and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the picante sauce and beef broth. Heat the mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook until the beef is cooked through, about 20 minutes.