- 2 cups fruit (such as peaches, berries, or apples), thinly sliced
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a large, sealable bowl, stir together the fruit and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Transfer to the refrigerator, and chill for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9×9-inch baking dish, melt the butter in the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour and milk. Pour the flour mixture into the baking dish over the butter.
- Pour the sweetened fruit and any juice into the center of the flour mixture.
- Bake until the crust is brown, about 30 minutes.