For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- 2 (6-ounce) romaine hearts, cut crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 pound Dungeness crab meat
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and chili powder. Salt and pepper, to taste. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring salted water to a boil. Cook the asparagus until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- On a serving platter, arrange the romaine lettuce, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, eggs and asparagus. Top with large chunks of crab meat with dressing on the side.