- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups half and half
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakes, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until softened, stirring frequently. Add Old Bay and flour. Whisk until blended. Add half and half while whisking continuously.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Add crabmeat and cooking sherry. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley flakes.