- 12 oysters (such as Bluepoint), shucked
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Using paper towels, pat oysters dry. Season the oysters with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange three bowls. Add flour to the first, 1 beaten egg to the second and breadcrumbs to the third. Dip each oyster into the flour followed by the egg and the breadcrumbs. Place the prepared oysters onto a floured plate.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Fry the oysters until golden brown, flipping once, 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining eggs in a bowl. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the seasoned eggs to the oyster mixture along with half the bacon and scallions.
- Cook the mixture until the eggs have just set, about 3 minutes. Smooth the top, cover, and cook until the omelet is set, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the omelet to a serving plate, and garnish with the remaining bacon and scallions.