- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 70 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
In a large Dutch oven, brown beef until just cooked through. Add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Add salt, pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, stewed tomatoes, tomato juice and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Add macaroni, and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
Stir in kidney beans and heat through, about 10 minutes.