- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 1 fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 pound crabmeat
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2–3 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, eggs and grated lemon.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring milk to a boil. Lower heat to low. Stir in egg mixture, and simmer 5 minutes. Add crabmeat and cream, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add sherry, Worcestershire, hot sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot.