- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Whisk the mayonnaise, egg, mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly toss the crabmeat and cracker crumbs.
- Fold the mayonnaise into the crab mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form the crab mixture into 8 mounds (roughly 1/3 cup each). Lightly pack each mound into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the crab cake patties. Fry in batches as needed.
- Fry each crab cake patty until golden on the outside and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve crab cakes warm with lemon wedges.