- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 store-bought chocolate cookie wafer crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup and salt on medium-high speed, approximately 2-3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low. Mix in melted chocolate. By hand, fold in the pecans using a flexible rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into the chocolate wafer crust. Bake until the filling is set, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, refrigerate until very well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Clean the mixing bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a wire whip attachment, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Top the pie with the whipped cream spreading evenly over the top.