Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Snack/Appetizer
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 12 ounces eye of round or sirloin tip steak, very thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch strips
- Salt and coarsely-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Cheese Whiz
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Lower heat to medium. Add onions and mushrooms. Stir and cook until onions are transparent. Add steak slices, and cook until meat is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain excess fat. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a double boiler, melt Cheez Whiz.
- In a mixing bowl, use a flexible rubber spatula to combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add the beef-vegetable mixture and the cheese. Stir to combine, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.