- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min plus 45 min cooling
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the corn syrup and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter until completely combined. Add Rice Krispies, and gently stir to coat the cereal with the peanut butter mixture.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared dish, and press to form a level surface.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring constantly.
- Pour the melted chocolate-butterscotch mixture over the cereal. Using an offset spatula, smooth the chocolate layer. Cool until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Cut into bars, and serve immediately.