- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Dessert
For the apples:
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 Fuji or Pippin apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
For the cream:
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
To prepare the apples:
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Spray a grill pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple slices and safflower oil, tossing to coat. Transfer the apples to the prepared grill pan. Grill the apple slices until they are slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle the cinnamon-ginger mixture over the grilled apple slices.
To prepare the cream:
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the maple syrup, cream and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool, 5 minutes. Whisk in the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Arrange 4 small serving plates. Evenly divide the apple slices among the plates.
- Drizzle the apple slices with the cream. Sprinkle each dish with chopped hazelnuts, and serve.