|Description of the story behind the recipe.|
Cowboy Smothered Steak
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 120 min
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main
- 1 round, chuck or rump roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained (16 ounces)
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Press mixture onto both sides of meat.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until meat is fork tender.