- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 jigger dry sherry
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 pounds roast beef, sliced
- Steak seasoning, to taste
- 4 torpedo sandwich rolls, split
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the butter until melted. Add shallots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 additional minute. Add the sherry, and whisk continuously until no liquid remains. Whisk in the beef broth. Simmer the au jus sauce until ready to serve.
- Arrange the roast beef slices on a cutting board. Season the roast beef.
- Using tongs, dip slices of roast beef in the au jus sauce and stack on a torpedo roll.
- Serve each sandwich with a small dish filled with extra au jus sauce for dipping.