New York-Style Pizza
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total Time: 26 min + overnight
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main
For the crust:
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
For the pizza:
- Pizza sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- Favorite pizza toppings
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure the water.
- In a second medium bowl, mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Add oil, and knead for 5 minutes.
- Grease a sealable container. Set aside.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball, and transfer to the prepared container. Refrigerate overnight and up to 2 days.
- Preheat a pizza stone in an oven set at 550 degrees F.
- Remove the dough balls, and allow them to warm to room temperature.
- Flatten each dough ball to a 14-inch circle. Top with pizza sauce, cheese and preferred toppings.
- Carefully transfer a pizza to the stone, and bake until the cheese has melted, about 6 minutes.