- Cedar planks for grilling
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1–1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Half fill the sink with water. Arrange the cedar planks underwater to soak, at least 1 hour.
- In a 13×9-inch baking dish, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Mix until well combined. Add the salmon, turning to coat with the marinade.
- Cover the baking dish, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 425 degrees F.
- Pat the salmon planks dry, and arrange the salmon on the planks. Transfer the planks to the grill. Cover, and cook 10-15 minutes until the salmon reaches your desired doneness.
- Serve with lemon wedges.