- 1 1/2 pounds sharp cheese, shredded, softened
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 cup beer, room temperature
- 1 round loaf rye bread
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine cheese, butter, onion, Worcestershire and Tabasco until blended. Add beer slowly until mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate the dip mixture, at least 30 minutes.
- Hollow center of rye bread leaving 1-inch thick walls. Tear removed bread into dippable chunks.
- Pour dip into bread bowl, and serve.