- 1 (2-pound) chuck roast
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- In a pie tin, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Press flour mixture onto both sides of meat.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown the meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the meat is fork tender.