- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound diced smoked ham
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 thick slices of toast, buttered
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add diced ham and cook until ham is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add onions and peppers, and cook an additional 4 minutes.
- Pour in eggs, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir egg mixture lightly. Cook until eggs are lightly browned. Using a spatula, cut the egg mixture into two halves, flip and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Cut each half into two pieces to create 4 omelets.
- Sandwich an omelet between two pieces of buttered toast, and serve.