- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Whipped cream, for finishing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, brown sugar, syrup, salt, vanilla and pecans on low speed.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, then continue to cook until the pie is set, about 30 minutes.
- Place the pie on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, the transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Finish with whipped cream, then serve.