Open Faced Reuben Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- 1 1/4 pounds corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 8 large slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, steam the corned beef in 1/4 cup water until warmed, about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the ketchup, mayonnaise and relish.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread the dressing on the bread slices. Top the bread slices evenly with the corned beef, and top with a slice of Swiss cheese and a generous serving of sauerkraut.
- Bake until the cheese is just melted, about 5 minutes.