- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups radish, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Place radishes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the water, 1/4 cup of the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir frequently until the sugar dissolves. Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the radishes. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill, 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ginger, the remaining 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar and sugar. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and chili sauce. Set aside.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper, to taste. Coat the grill racks with cooking spray. Grill the fillets 4 minutes, then brush with half the soy mixture.
- Flip the fillets, and grill an additional 4 minutes or to desired doneness. Brush with remaining half of the soy mixture.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture on the bottom of each bun half. Top each with a cooked fillet. Divide the radishes evenly among the burgers. Arrange 2 slices of lettuce on top of each fillet.
- Cap each burger with a top bun half, and serve.