- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium limes
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup white tequila
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup, cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, the chipotle chile powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the shrimp, and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Zest and juice a lime.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, 2 teaspoons of lime zest, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 1/3 cup of oil until shimmering. Using tongs, fry the corn tortillas until golden brown on both sides, about 1 minute. Transfer the fried tortillas to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain most of the oil from the skillet. Add the shrimp, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook until cooked through, about 1 more minute. Remove from heat, and add tequila.
- Return to heat, and toss 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Cut the second lime in half, and slice each half into 4 lime wedges.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over each tostada. Evenly divide the cabbage, avocado and shrimp over the tostadas. Garnish the tostadas with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.