For the coleslaw mixture:
- 4 ounces poppyseed dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the hot dogs:
- 1 package beef hot dogs
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 pound bacon, fried
- 2 cups potato chips, crumbled
- 1 package hot dog buns, side split, toasted
To prepare the coleslaw mixture:
- Combine the poppyseed dressing, garlic, ground cumin, paprika and celery seed in a small bowl.
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Cover with the dressing mix, and toss to coat.
To prepare the hot dogs:
- In a medium frying pan, cook bacon until just crispy. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towels to dry.
- On a grill over medium high heat, cook the hot dogs.
- Assemble each hot dog and toasted bun. Top with cheese, bacon coleslaw and crumbled potato chips.