- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Position a rack in the middle position of the oven, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar on low until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until each is fully combined. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Mix the batter until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use an offset pastry spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, pierce the top of the cake repeatedly roughly every inch or so.
- Set cake aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Pour the milk mixture over the cooled cake.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream, remaining 1 cup sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Spread the cream mixture over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.