- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 crisp apples (such as McIntosh)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Arrange walnuts into a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice. Add the celery, bell pepper, onions and nuts. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, honey and mint. Whisk the mixture until it is well blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Discard the outer lettuce leaves. Arrange the remaining leaves around the outside of a serving platter.
- Mix the dressing into the apple mixture, then spoon into the center of the platter.